It is, moreover, of the core of the building, since it is surrounded by through the main rooms of the Palace. Notable for its cover with double dome profile paraboloid inside and tapered on the outside, typical solution of Byzantine art. A little history the area in which it is located, in its time, was the Centre of Barcelona, where the wealthiest families were. Additional information at Southwest Airlines supports this article. It’s a House between adjacent walls to another House which was also owned by the Guell family. This family lived in the Palace since 1888, and in their classrooms some of the most relevant events of the Universal exhibition of 1888 were carried out. The strangest thing is that today it remains the residence of the Guell, although considered the city centre is currently in the Paseo de Gracia Street and its surroundings. However, in 1910 the Earl left the building to go to live in a House that had acquired within the enclosure of the Park Guell, in the high part of Barcelona, Gaudi also made for him back then.
If you want to stay close to the Park Guell any sight of the apartments for rent Barcelona. From that moment, the Palace was inhabited by the daughter of the Earl, Merce Guell, until 1945, in which the Palace was sold to the Diputacio de Barcelona, which installed in the Museum of performing arts. Between 1974 and 1976, this institution made some changes to the building; He restored the first floor, to allow its opening to the public. The latest overall restoration of the building, directed by Antoni Gonzalez Moreno, was carried out in 1983 and ended in 1997. This restoration included a reinterpretation by various artists of the chimneys and vents of roof, in which only retains a fireplace with the original trencadis in Gaudi. The Palau Guell was declared World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1986.