History

History The Faculty of Medicine of Montevideo was founded by decree of 15 December 1875 with two chairs, the Anatomy and Physiology. The appointed first dean was Dr. Suner and Capdevila, in old University building, on the street corner Sarandi Maciel. With the growth of students and new institutes is necessary a new physical plant, by the Law No. 2711 of July 12, 1901 authorizing the construction of a new building for the Faculty of Medicine. Its implementation was undertaken by the architect James Vasquez Varela works culminating in late 1910, the building is inspired by the Faculty of Medicine of Paris.

.